Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

R11 vs. Burner 2.0 Irons

A lot of people say that there are many similarities between taylormade r11 irons and burner 2.0 irons, and some say the r11 irons are the continuation of burner 2.0 irons. I will tell you what their similarities and differences are. My current irons are the burner 2.0 which is really good irons. I am a mid-handicapper and after playing with the burner 2.0 a year, I found my golf has many obvious improvements. I am very satisfied with the distance, speed, forgiveness and feel the burner 2.0 irons take to me. And now Taylormade's new R11 irons come, I have read much information about the new irons.
Maybe, the design of these two irons are a little different, because they have the different color, the burner 2.0 irons are the all black design and the R11 irons have a combination of red, black and white, but for me, I prefer the all-black design, I think it is more cool. As for the performance, I know the TaylorMade R11 irons have the same good forgiveness and control as the burner 2.0, there are also some golfers talking about that the R11 irons are the posterity of burner 2.0. I found more information about taylormade r11 irons.
Because of the successful launch of the R11 Driver, the newest R11 Irons have received much attention. When compared with the Burner 2.0, the R11 Irons share several similarities and differences with them.
The Taylormade R11 Irons feature a dual head design made for both performance and control. They have a shallow undercut channel between the face and rear to control feel and CG location, the mid-irons have a moderate undercut, and the long irons have a progressively larger undercut that pulls weight farther back from the face for added forgiveness. The r11 irons also feature variable face thickness (VFT), starting with 2.0mm thick face in the long irons to 2.3mm in the mid irons and 2.5mm in the short irons for enhanced feel.
Here's what I learned:
1. The 2.0 is 1-1/12 longer, allowing for added length (5-7yds avg) but also more wayward shots. The R11 irons are straighter and you will end up using the adjustments to fine tune it once you get used to it.
2. The 2.0 is generally for the lower handicap golfer.
3. I have enough distance off the tee that distance isn't an issue, so the added consistency of the R11 irons was the tipping point for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment